Network Rail have issued the following update for their ongoing works at London Bridge Station with some key milestones and a look ahead at some upcoming work. This work is part of the Thameslink Programme.
- Work will continue to remove the remaining section of the old footbridge.
- Work will continue to complete the roof canopies adjacent to St Thomas Street.
- Work will continue to install the internal cladding to the underside of the bridge decks and internal walls.
- In the area above Joiner Street, we will continue to remove central girders and the install deck plates.
- Works will continue to transform the area that was the London Dungeons.
- Structured glazing works will continue along the St Thomas Street façade.
- We will begin to install reinforced concrete slabs at the east end of the platform level, plus reinforced escape stairs structure.
- Work will continue on creating the structural openings that lead into Stainer Street.
- Work will continue on the second lift enclosure buttress walls.
- Construction on the reinforced Concrete slabs that will extend platforms 6 and 7.
- Construction of the escape stairs to platforms 4 and 5.
- Construction of the through arch penetrations for cabling.
- Construction of all the structural openings.
- Piling works within the main site.
- Continuation of the Installation of the Bermondsey Street Taxi Rank.
- Create opening works on Bermondsey Street under the tunnel.
The majority of work that has the potential to be noisy is scheduled to take place during our normal working hours (Monday – Friday, 8am – 6pm and Saturday 8am – 1pm) to help minimise any further disruption.
London Bridge Bus Station
In order to facilitate project works in the Station Approach area the contractors may have to close the bus station occasionally. Access to London Bridge Street will be facilitated where necessary.
The northern bus running lane will remain closed until mid-March to facilitate works taking place within this area. These works involve the demolition of old chimneys situated beneath the current pavement and road.
These works will not affect access to London Bridge Street.
London Bridge Project Local Closures
|| Nature of Works
|St Thomas Street between Stainer Street and Bermondsey Street
Partial footway closures and full road closures
| Until 2018
|Vinegar Yard between Snowsfield and Melior Street
||Temporary closure due to change in site boundary
|| Until 2018
Other Railway Works
As part of the Thameslink Programme, Network Rail is also undertaking extensive track and signalling work. As neighbours you may be affected by this.
As Network Rail and Costain rebuild London Bridge station, at certain times some train services to and through the station will be cancelled or altered.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact Network Rail by calling the 24 hour national helpline on 03457 11 41 41.