One Stop Forefoot Pain Clinic with Mr Ali Abbasian, Consultant Foot and Ankle Surgeon
The cause of forefoot pain or metatarsalgia can often be difficult to correctly diagnose and the treatment can be difficult. The best assessment will require the expertise of a multidisciplinary team, various imaging modalities as well as gait and biomechanical analyses.
At the "one stop clinic" all of these assessments and investigations will take place on the same day. A full report will then be provided as to the possible diagnosis and management options.
What is included on the day?
- Assessment and consultation with consultant Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle surgeon (Ali Abbasian)
- Assessment and Consultation with Senior Sports and Biomechanical Podiatrist (Wayne Edwards)
- Video Gait Analysis
- Weight-bearing plain Radiographs of the foot and ankle (if indicated)
- MRI scan and same day report (if indicated)
- Ultrasound scan +|- injection (if indicated)
- Detailed written assessment report (to be sent out following the consultation)
Who can we help?
London Bridge Hospital welcomes all patients with forefoot pain but the clinic is ideally suited to those with
- Longstanding symptoms who have been difficult to manage
- Tertiary referrals
- Second opinions
- Failed surgery
Please expect the assessment to take around 2 hours
London Bridge Hospital are recognised by all major insurance companies although some may not cover parts of the assessment (please check withyour insurer prior to appointment). Self-pay patients can contact the appointments line for more information.
Contact and bookings
Appointments – 0207 234 2009
Clinical Queries - Abbasian@sportsortho.co.uk